Monday, July 12, 2010

Endangered Part 4

Well here it is. The final part of Endangered. I hope you all like it.


March 12, 2110


Dear Diary,


Sadly, I have been grounded for the past couple of days for sneaking out with Mason last night. Mom and dad won't let me go anywhere near Teddy now, and they are starting to think that Me and Mason shouldn't be together anymore. My heart feels like it's being smashed against my chest. What's worse...is that I've lost my little boy after I told him I wouldn't go away...I lied to him... I think I'm gonna cry...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet put down her pen and shut her diary. Her eyes started to swell up with all the sadness she had felt for the past three days. She felt like she had not only lost her boyfriend...but she had lost the closest thing she had to a child.

She put up the diary on the little shelf it always sits on then cried into her pillow. Through all of here crying, Scarlet heard a knock on her door.

"Scarlet, it's mom. Can I come in?"
"What do you want?" she sniffled
"Mason is here to see you. We have something to tell you." She sighed and got off of the bed to open the door. She saw her mother, who was looking just as uptight as usual, and Mason, who had his head down. When the two came into the room, Mason hugged her, as if they have been apart for years.
"What is it?" Scarlet questioned "What's going on?"
"Scarlet, it's about your lion cub..."
"Teddy? What happened to Teddy!?" Mason hugged her tight.
"Teddy...was taken away. He was shipped out of the zoo" Scarlet could feel her heart breaking inside. He little baby lion cub was gone...and she'd never see him again.

Mason held her close as if trying to take her pain away.
"it will be ok, Scarlet. We'll make it though. If you want we can even get a kitten and name him Teddy, ok?" She held her face in her hands. She knew it wouldn't be the same but it would have to work, so with a heavy heart she said goodbye to her little cub with one sentence.
"well..it's a start..."






The End

1 comment: