Tah Dah! Here it is, part 3 of Endangered. Hope you Like it :)
March 9, 2110
Dear Diary,
Mason and I have decided to make Teddy "ours"...well not officially but we act like he is. As least one of us sees him everyday and we tell him stories and play him music when no one else is around. Mason even told me that he snuck into the zoo one night just to give Teddy some steak scraps from his dinner. Usually, everyday we have fun...but today, I had to ask Teddy about his real mother and father...
Mason had already beaten me to Teddy's cage today. I was running late because my stupid teacher kept me after school late- so I had to tell him to go on without me. I raced over to find my two guys, playing a small hand game through the glass. It was so cute to see this side of Mason, but I knew it would go away as soon as I would come over. I embraced the last few second of watching then walked over.
"Awwwww, is papa Mason pwaying?" He turned red and looked away. Teddy and I started laughing as I hugged him. Teddy stopped at looked at us both.
"Papa? Does that mean you will be my parents?" We looked at each other, trying to understand what the other was thinking. We stayed like that for a bit, but we already knew from the start. Sadly, this seemed the best time to ask him.
"Teddy, we will be your human parents but you have to tell us something first" His face lit up. I felt bad that I was going to destroy his happiness with this one question. "Teddy? What happened?"
"Happened? You mean..." I nodded.
"I know I shouldn't ask but...where did you come from? Where are your mom and dad?"
He hung his little head in sadness. I could feel my heart breaking more and more. He whimpered a bit then looked up
"they...we came from Africa. Kenya. I was the youngest out of my parents' cubs. And... well..." He started tearing, trying to choke out the last of his words. I put my hands up on the glass and smiled a bit
"It's ok. You don't have to say anymore." He looked up with his big bright eyes. Mason sat next to me and looked at him. He smiled and said what we all wanted to hear.
"Don't cry. Mom and Dad are here" He smiled and started his usual bouncing around. As I watched, I couldn't help but feel a bit warm inside. I felt like I was really his mother and that we were a family.
I was so happy to have Teddy as my "son." I think even Mason is happy too. He said that we were gonna sneak in tonight so we can spend time with him. I really hope we don't get caught.
Awwwww so sweet! more post more more please!?
ReplyDelete