Monday, July 12, 2010

Endangered Part 2

Ok well here is the second part to Endangered. Hope you like
March 5, 2110

Dear Diary,

Today, I got the chance to see my little lion cub Teddy. I feel like I'm his owner now,which is kinda funny. Teddy, Mason, and me would make a cute happy family <3...but I could do without school for a while.


I sat and waited all day, barely making it through all of my classes. It felt like time just slowed down. Tick...Tock......Tick, gawd, it felt like it would never end. I picked at the pages of my notebook and ended up writing Mason and Teddy's names. I looked around the room and sighed, that is until I saw Mason waiting for me at the door. My heart felt like it was trying to break out of my chest. Almost like it was trying to yell at my teacher'LET US OUT OF HERE!!' Finally, the words that I was dying to hear.
"Ok, class dismissed"
"YES!" I bolted out of the room at light speed and almost passed Mason. He laughed and stopped me, which only made me fall into his chest. "Oops, sorry Mace."
"Slow down, Scarlet, Teddy will still be there."
"But but, I wanna see him nooooowwwww!" I pouted in the most kid like way I could. He chuckled a bit before taking my hand
"Well, if you waste all your time pouting, then we will have less time for Teddy"
"Ok ok, I will be good, now let's go"

I raced with Mason, all the way back to the lion's den. Of course, I made sure no one was there before I went up. I pressed my face against the glass and started to look around.

"Well?"
"Nothing..." I dropped my head and sniffled. I was really hoping he would be there.
"Scarlet?" a small voice called out. I perked up and found my little lion cub running towards us. "Scarlet! You came back!" I giggled
"Duh! I promised I would and I even thought of a name for you." He started to bounce again
"Yay! I will have a name!"
"Yes...Teddy. Do you like it?" He stopped and thought about it. I looked to Mason, who was as stiff as a statue. "Mason? Are you ok?" He blinked a few times then looked to me
"Did that lion just talk?"
"Why, yes sir. Yes I did," said Teddy. He smiled at me "I like it now who is this human with you?"
"Teddy, this is Mason. He's my boyfriend." I said smiling as Teddy stared at him. Mason was shaking and starting to turn a bit pale. "Mason, say hello"
"...Hello?" He squeaked. This would scare anyone into shock- well except for me because I enjoy weird things like this. Teddy smiled at him.
"Hi!" he started bouncing around, even more so then yesterday. "Mason! Mason! He's my new friend!"
"Awww, how cute"
"We should play tag!" I couldn't help but giggle a bit. Teddy was just a baby, so of course he was always looking to have fun.
"Silly little cub, we can't play with you. We are outside the glass"
"Oh..." he looked down and started playing in the dirt. My heart started breaking, almost in a mothering sense. I felt like I wanted to reach through the glass and hug him, like he was my own child and tell him everything would be ok.
"Hey now, no sad faces" I said in the warmest voice I could. "How about Mason and I tell you a story?" He perked up as his cute little lion smile came back.

He was so happy to be with me and I was happy to be with him. It seemed that Mason was starting to act like his father...well once he got over that shock of "OMFG! LION IS TALKING TO ME!!!" After that, they were almost like father and son. I hope we can visit "our little boy" more often


Hope you Enjoyed it. Part 3 will be coming out soon :)

3 comments: